Open defecation must not be ignored
Uttering the word “defecation” is often considered impolite. People say “going to the back” in Indonesia and “folding legs” in Cambodia. Many people also ask where to wash their hands rather than where the toilet is, avoiding the “dirty” word for the sake of politeness.
While talking openly about defecation may cause discomfort or embarrassment, it is a topic we all n...
- Indonesia Instagram's biggest market in Asia Pacific
- Locals bulldoze orangutan conservation forest area in East Kalimantan
- World Bank advises Indonesia to push for reforms
- Ubud listed among 'world's top 15 cities'
- World Bank to offer blended financing for Indonesia
- Transjakarta driver steals bus: Police
- Jakarta Police welcome new chief
- Freeport to issue new shares to meet divestment requirement
- The best airport in the world just got better
- 'Interest groups have played with Novel's case': Activist