Transgendered community looks to Jokowi
Novia D. Rulistia
The Jakarta Post
Anticipating that their long fight for recognition from the Jakarta administration may come to an end, a group of transgendered persons brought a long wish list to City Hall on Monday.
They were scheduled to meet the new governor, Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, in whom they believed would be able to give them better access to jobs and health care.
“We know that Pak Jokowi is close to un...
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health