In Cirebon, the road to wealth may be paved with mangoes
Nana Rukmana and Hyginus Hardoyo
The Jakarta Post
As one of the three mango production centers in West Java, Cirebon regency is striving to tap its mango (and money) making potential, given rosy predictions for Indonesia’s agriculture and horticulture sectors.
Recording annual production that tops 60,000 tons, the Cirebon administration has plans to increase local production by expanding its mango groves under cultivation to 10,000 hecta...
- Telkom to launch US$199.7m satellite in February
- Reports: Mark Zuckerberg to visit Indonesia to discuss fake news
- Jokowi installs new Air Force chief of staff
- Indonesia widens arms for refugees
- Nope, Lindsay Lohan didn’t convert to Islam
- Zoo defends conditions following video of sun bears begging for food
- FPI leader Rizieq Shihab to testify in Ahok’s hearing
- Indonesia to secure ownership of 111 islets
- Agus to prioritize dialogue in handling intolerant groups
- Activists apply for judicial review of relaxation of mineral export ban