Jokowi sets Jakarta’s 2013 minimum wage at Rp 2.2m
Andreas D. Arditya and Novia D. Rulistia
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo announced on Tuesday that the 2013 provincial minimum wage had been set at Rp 2.2 million (US$228), a 44 percent increase from this year’s Rp 1.5 million.
The increase was slightly lower than the recommendation of Rp 2,.216,243 issued by the City Remuneration Board last week.
“We rounded the number. I hope all parties can accept this dec...
- Three dead, 20 injured in pileup in Puncak
- Italian woman saves money for 2 years to marry Indonesian villager
- Arrested Chinese ship flees Navy guard
- Interpol-listed fugitive arrested in Bali to be deported soon
- House urged to immediately pass election bill into law
- Vocational education key to competing globally: Minister
- Silicon Valley's $400 juicer may be feeling the squeeze
- Police shooting victims treated at Mimika Hospital
- Govt launches vocational education program for C. Java, Yogyakarta
- Remittances to developing countries fall in 2016, Indonesia worse