Timah gears up for cost cutting amid low tin prices
The Jakarta Post
The world’s third-largest tin producer, PT Timah, will maintain its production level next year in response to declining prices, while focusing on reducing costs to maximize net profits.
“We don’t want higher production but lower profit. We want lower production but higher profit, which can be achieved through efficiency,” Timah president director Sukrisno said on Wednesday.
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song