Timah gears up for cost cutting amid low tin prices
The Jakarta Post
The world’s third-largest tin producer, PT Timah, will maintain its production level next year in response to declining prices, while focusing on reducing costs to maximize net profits.
“We don’t want higher production but lower profit. We want lower production but higher profit, which can be achieved through efficiency,” Timah president director Sukrisno said on Wednesday.
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Iraq hopes to reclaim heritage lost to Islamic State group
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- Jokowi warns investment board to keep rivalry mindset, speed