Timah gears up for cost cutting amid low tin prices
The Jakarta Post
The world’s third-largest tin producer, PT Timah, will maintain its production level next year in response to declining prices, while focusing on reducing costs to maximize net profits.
“We don’t want higher production but lower profit. We want lower production but higher profit, which can be achieved through efficiency,” Timah president director Sukrisno said on Wednesday.
- Trash inundates space underneath toll road in North Jakarta
- Government raises demands to Facebook Indonesia
- How healthy is too healthy? EU warns about green tea supplements
- Iran, Iraq, Syria, Russia hold 'anti-terrorism' meet
- Will Facebook Indonesia face criminal charges for data breach?
- Jakarta MRT to have women operators, maintenance officers
- Banjarnegara earthquake displaces more than 2,000
- Two entertainment venues shut down over drugs
- Britain to ban sale of plastic straws in bid to fight waste
- Smartphone app promises speech therapy at your fingertips