School, parents welcome ‘smart cards’
The Jakarta Post
Smart move: Students in Jakarta hold up “smart cards” after receiving them from Governor Joko Widodo at Paskalis high school in Kemayoran on Saturday. (JP/Jerry Adiguna)Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo on Saturday launched the Jakarta Smart Card, a program to give better access to education for students from low-income families.
A smart card, which is actually a Bank DKI ATM card, cont...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- China overtakes Indonesia as Singapore's top market for tourists
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- AGO stops investigation into Grand Indonesia's alleged state losses
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business