School, parents welcome ‘smart cards’
The Jakarta Post
Smart move: Students in Jakarta hold up “smart cards” after receiving them from Governor Joko Widodo at Paskalis high school in Kemayoran on Saturday. (JP/Jerry Adiguna)Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo on Saturday launched the Jakarta Smart Card, a program to give better access to education for students from low-income families.
A smart card, which is actually a Bank DKI ATM card, cont...
- Jokowi accused of promoting secularism
- Human or not? Mysterious figure caught on camera in Aceh sparks internet frenzy
- Indonesia to be world's 4th largest economy by 2045: Jokowi
- Indonesia lodges complaint with WTO over US biodiesel anti-dumping duties
- Japan selected as partner for Jakarta-Surabaya railway project
- Nokia Android phones targeted for global release
- Tax office to scrutinize rich Indonesians not taking part in tax amnesty
- Ngurah Rai International Airport to halt operations for 24 hours to observe Day of Silence
- Don’t be afraid to start businesses, Jokowi tells youth
- Non-subsidized electricity prices won’t increase