School, parents welcome ‘smart cards’
The Jakarta Post
Smart move: Students in Jakarta hold up “smart cards” after receiving them from Governor Joko Widodo at Paskalis high school in Kemayoran on Saturday. (JP/Jerry Adiguna)Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo on Saturday launched the Jakarta Smart Card, a program to give better access to education for students from low-income families.
A smart card, which is actually a Bank DKI ATM card, cont...
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Lee Min-ho wins top award for boosting Korea’s brand
- Jokowi warns investment board to keep rivalry mindset, speed
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Organizer says it has secured 11 major sponsorships for Asian Games