Social media won’t solve conflicts, say activists
The Jakarta Post
Activists and observers have slammed President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, who ordered local government heads to engage with the public through social media, such as Twitter and Facebook, to deal with communal conflicts.
Yudhoyono told governors, regents, mayors, heads of local police and local military commanders that they should all have a social media presence.
“We are in the age ...
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- When the devil cites the scripture...
- FPI leader to testify against Ahok next week
- Danger of terrorist recidivism in prisons
- Citilink’s first new Airbus A320neo arrives in Indonesia
- Grand launch of Kertajati Airport set for mid next year
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya