Social media won’t solve conflicts, say activists
The Jakarta Post
Activists and observers have slammed President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, who ordered local government heads to engage with the public through social media, such as Twitter and Facebook, to deal with communal conflicts.
Yudhoyono told governors, regents, mayors, heads of local police and local military commanders that they should all have a social media presence.
“We are in the age ...
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls
- Xi gets 100% of votes for new term as key ally named VP