Social media won’t solve conflicts, say activists
The Jakarta Post
Activists and observers have slammed President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, who ordered local government heads to engage with the public through social media, such as Twitter and Facebook, to deal with communal conflicts.
Yudhoyono told governors, regents, mayors, heads of local police and local military commanders that they should all have a social media presence.
“We are in the age ...
- Telkom to launch US$199.7m satellite in February
- Reports: Mark Zuckerberg to visit Indonesia to discuss fake news
- Nope, Lindsay Lohan didn’t convert to Islam
- Indonesia widens arms for refugees
- Police investigate possible insult to state symbol during FPI rally
- Indonesia to secure ownership of 111 islets
- Zoo defends conditions following video of sun bears begging for food
- FPI leader Rizieq Shihab to testify in Ahok’s hearing
- Harry Potter-themed café opens in Singapore
- Agus to prioritize dialogue in handling intolerant groups