SBY must take action against Anas
The Jakarta Post
University of Indonesia analyst, Iberamsjah, said that as chief patron of the Democratic Party, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono had to immediately take action against party chairman Anas Urbaningrum.
“SBY has to once one for all solve the Anas problem. This concerns not only him and his party only but also the country,” Iberamsjah said as quoted by tribunnews,com.
Iberamsjah warned that if no action was taken against Anas, the public could easily doubt Yudhoyono’s commitment to eradicating corruption.
“Inaction will harm our law enforcement process and democracy. But if Anas is punished, that it will help the law enforcement effort,” he said. Anas has been implicated in the multibillion rupiah Hambalang sports complex scandal.
- NU volunteers praise Ahok for his attention to Muslims
- Beijing under no illusion Manila will pivot away from Washington
- Protesters demand Ahok’s imprisonment
- Chinese projects not yet translating
- Man detained after picture of bruised girlfriend goes viral
- Malaysia deports 78 Indonesian workers
- Malaysians encouraged to invest in Indonesian tourism
- Girl killed by falling board at school
- No subsidies for Pertamina in one-price policy
- City irked by ride-hailing app drivers