SBY must take action against Anas
The Jakarta Post
University of Indonesia analyst, Iberamsjah, said that as chief patron of the Democratic Party, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono had to immediately take action against party chairman Anas Urbaningrum.
“SBY has to once one for all solve the Anas problem. This concerns not only him and his party only but also the country,” Iberamsjah said as quoted by tribunnews,com.
Iberamsjah warned that if no action was taken against Anas, the public could easily doubt Yudhoyono’s commitment to eradicating corruption.
“Inaction will harm our law enforcement process and democracy. But if Anas is punished, that it will help the law enforcement effort,” he said. Anas has been implicated in the multibillion rupiah Hambalang sports complex scandal.
- N.Sumatra dispatches assistance for Aceh earthquake victims
- Catholic university refuses to remove billboards with hijab-clad student
- Study finds majority of people condemning Ahok's ‘blasphemy’ not well informed
- Indonesia over the moon after $9.4 million win against Churchill
- Public faith in Jokowi remains high despite anti-Ahok movement
- Muslims lambast Christmas service raid in Bandung
- FUI forces Christian university to drop billboard with hijab-clad student
- Rachmawati says meetings, cash transfer not evidence of treason
- Jokowi meets Kofi Annan to discuss Myanmar
- Indonesia juggles globalism and nationalism