Society’s mind-set hampers gender equality
The Jakarta Post
Women’s Empowerment and Child Protection Minister Linda Amalia Sari revealed on Friday that efforts to bring about gender equality faces cultural barriers, particularly the patriarchal mindset of society.
“This cultural obstacle impacts the structural authority and affects the bureaucrats’ attitude through a stereotypical distinction in considering the gender-equality issue,” the mi...
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- West Nusa Tenggara governor named special envoy for breastfeeding
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Thai jungle seen as breeding ground for Indochinese tigers
- West Kalimantan authorities uncover new drug smuggling technique
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- Parking attendants, city officers arrested for allegedly collecting illegal levies