The week in review: Reflections and contemplations
The Jakarta Post
Once again it has been a week at the end of the year when analysts, businesses and government institutions have gathered, reflected as 2012 drew to a close and projected economic and political developments in 2013.
Indonesia has a lot of blessings to count this year with its economy persistently performing well amid the weak global economy and even a contraction in Europe.
- Wealth of four richest Indonesians equal to wealth of 100m poorest
- Jokowi threatens to take action if Freeport are 'difficult'
- COMMENTARY: Freeport's threat of arbitration simply a ploy to block mining reform
- BI predicts lower GDP growth in first quarter
- Indonesia drafting rules to end bank secrecy
- Democracy ‘gone too far’: Jokowi
- OJK to launch first green bond mechanism
- Indonesia seeks Saudi Arabia’s support to develop Sumatra tourism
- Transportation Ministry to issue NOTAM for King Salman’s arrival
- Madame Tussauds Hong Kong to feature Jokowi wax figure this summer