Greater Jakarta: City to erect 15 stages for New Year’s Eve
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The Jakarta administration says that it will construct at least 15 performance stages for New Year’s Eve in the city to avoid centralized crowds that could cause gridlock.
Jakarta Transportation Agency head Udar Pristono said on Tuesday that the stages would be built along Jl. Merdeka Selatan up to the Semanggi clover-leaf bridge on Jl. Sudirman in Central Jakarta. “The fast lane on the roads will be closed starting from 6 p.m., while the slow lane on the left will be closed from 9 p.m.,” Udar said. Udar added that the agency would dispatch 400 to 600 people to safeguard the celebration. “The area will be shut down for a Car Free Night too, and we will assist the police in maintaining security,” he said.
- Catholic university refuses to remove billboards with hijab-clad student
- Study finds majority of people condemning Ahok's ‘blasphemy’ not well informed
- Rachmawati says meetings, cash transfer not evidence of treason
- N.Sumatra dispatches assistance for Aceh earthquake victims
- Charging-device producer Anker aims to tap Indonesian market
- Muslims lambast Christmas service raid in Bandung
- Indonesia over the moon after $9.4 million win against Churchill
- Public faith in Jokowi remains high despite anti-Ahok movement
- Jokowi meets Kofi Annan to discuss Myanmar
- FUI forces Christian university to drop billboard with hijab-clad student