Acehnese commemorate the devastating 2004 tsunami
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Immense grief: A woman weeps as she remembers loved ones on the eighth anniversary of the devastating tsunami in Banda Aceh. Thousands of Acehnese families lost loved ones on Dec. 26, 2004, as the tsunami hit coastal areas. JP/Hotli Simanjuntak For the Acehnese, dark memories of the Dec. 26, 2004, tsunami will always linger given that the disaster took the lives of many of their relatives, friends...
- Tonnes of garbage cleaned up from Galapagos coast
- Turkish-led forces in control of Syria's Afrin city
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Indian airports stretched as passengers reach new heights
- Facebook suspends Trump election data firm for policy breach
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- Fake Prince Albert 'cons Monte Carlo high-flyers'
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final