Acehnese commemorate the devastating 2004 tsunami
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Immense grief: A woman weeps as she remembers loved ones on the eighth anniversary of the devastating tsunami in Banda Aceh. Thousands of Acehnese families lost loved ones on Dec. 26, 2004, as the tsunami hit coastal areas. JP/Hotli Simanjuntak For the Acehnese, dark memories of the Dec. 26, 2004, tsunami will always linger given that the disaster took the lives of many of their relatives, friends...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Five dead in India from Nipah virus, dozens quarantined