Editorial: A presidential greeting
The Jakarta Post
On Thursday President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono is scheduled to attend an annual Christmas celebration. His attendance (or failure) to attend what is usually a mundane ceremonial function, will be a landmark in the ongoing project of nationhood, apart from a test of his leadership.
The Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI) renewed on Sunday an edict forbidding Muslims from expressing Christmas gree...
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Bank Indonesia open to rate rises
- Philippines closes Boracay to tourists under high security
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2
- May Day march to concentrate on Monas area