Editorial: A presidential greeting
The Jakarta Post
On Thursday President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono is scheduled to attend an annual Christmas celebration. His attendance (or failure) to attend what is usually a mundane ceremonial function, will be a landmark in the ongoing project of nationhood, apart from a test of his leadership.
The Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI) renewed on Sunday an edict forbidding Muslims from expressing Christmas gree...
- Anies wants FPI to improve its image
- Ministry to prioritize infrastructure in four sectors in 2018
- Tourist boat capsizes in Thousand Islands
- Delayed abortion regulation denies sexual abuse victims’ rights: Critics
- Sports ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia settle flag incident
- Bekasi bird shop owner suspected of avian flu infection
- Apple under pressure to dazzle as market slows
- Korean national named suspect in fatal car crash
- BNI launches special account for disadvantaged children
- Lake Toba to host Lake Toba Charm Carnival 2017