Editorial: Thank you Khun Surin
The Jakarta Post
If there is one face with which many would identify the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) today, it has got to be that of its outgoing Secretary-General Surin Pitsuwan. Khun Surin has presided over the organization at perhaps one of its most crucial historical moments, having to deal with the immense and complex challenges, both internal as well as external, that the region faces.
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Suharto's youngest son in new push to get into Indonesian politics
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- Rohingya returnees won't be kept in camps 'forever': Myanmar official