Editorial: Thank you Khun Surin
The Jakarta Post
If there is one face with which many would identify the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) today, it has got to be that of its outgoing Secretary-General Surin Pitsuwan. Khun Surin has presided over the organization at perhaps one of its most crucial historical moments, having to deal with the immense and complex challenges, both internal as well as external, that the region faces.
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau