Guess what?: Oppie Kumis to entertain orphans
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Comedian Muchtar Lutfi, popularly known as Oppie Kumis, says that he will entertain orphans during the upcoming New Year’s Eve festivities.
“For me, its not always about finding ways to make money. These kids need cheering up. So, I decided to entertain them with jokes [on New Year’s Eve],” the middle-aged comedian said, as quoted by kapanlagi.com.
He said that he would perform in an orphanage in Bekasi, east of Jakarta, on Dec. 31.
Oppie went on to reveal that he had received offers to perform his comedic act at other New Year’s Eve celebrations, but he rejected them in favor of the orphans.
“I’m not getting paid. Sometimes, I just want to make people happy with no money involved,” he said.
- Catholic university refuses to remove billboards with hijab-clad student
- Rachmawati says meetings, cash transfer not evidence of treason
- Study finds majority of people condemning Ahok's ‘blasphemy’ not well informed
- Charging-device producer Anker aims to tap Indonesian market
- Duterte assures Robredo will be VP ‘until last day of her term’
- Muslims lambast Christmas service raid in Bandung
- Indonesia over the moon after $9.4 million win against Churchill
- Public faith in Jokowi remains high despite anti-Ahok movement
- FUI forces Christian university to drop billboard with hijab-clad student
- N.Sumatra dispatches assistance for Aceh earthquake victims