Floods claim lives, submerge homes across the archipelago
Andi Hajramurni and Kusumasari Ayuningtyas
The Jakarta Post
Flooding in a number of regions across the country has intensified as heavy downpours continue to exacerbate the problem.
In South Sulawesi, floods are reported to have claimed at least five lives, three in Gowa regency and one each in Pangkajene Islands regency and Jeneponto regency according to the local chapter of the National Search and Rescue Agency (Basarnas).
As of Sunday, flo...
- EDITORIAL: Strangers of the same race
- No deal yet on Freeport’s 51% share divestment: Luhut
- Model urges Kendari mayor to apologize for defaming her
- Jember airport development kicks off
- Airport train to start operating in November
- Escaped Malaysian prisoner believed to be in home country: Bali Police
- Solo dining, karaoke strike chord among solitary Japanese consumers
- LNG import is a cheaper option: Luhut
- Indonesia projected to produce only 55,000 tons of salt this month
- Government to construct loop lines to eliminate railway crossings