ASEAN ‘Magna Carta’ universalizes human rights
Kevin H.R. Villanueva
Leeds, UK | Tue, January 8 2013 | 11:19 am
PREMIUMOn Nov. 18, 2012, the ASEAN Human Rights Declaration was signed by the 10 ASEAN heads of state.
This Asian “Magna Carta” is a slender document of 40 articles that begins with a preamble followed by six sections on general principles, civil and political rights, economic, social and cultural rights, development, peace and international cooperation in the promotion and protection of huma...
- Teary Veronica reads Ahok letter on reasons for appeal withdrawal
- EDITORIAL: Well-deserved rating upgrade
- RI seeks release of patrol crew member held hostage in Vietnam via diplomacy
- Raid on suspected gay sex party based on law: Police
- Pilgrimage at a price
- Cuba's first luxury hotel opens in Havana
- Toshiba turns to enterprises to boost laptop sales
- Two suspects of UII hazing surrender
- Police condemned for ‘arbitrary’ raid on ‘gay party’
- Bekasi welcomes new leaders