Local officials delay sidesaddle regulation
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM It’s our right: Two women ride a motorbike in the straddling position in front of Baiturrahman Mosque in Banda Aceh on Monday. The Lhokseumawe mayor was under fire recently for his plan to ban women from straddling motorcycles. Human rights activists strongly opposed the idea. JP/Hotli SimanjuntakThe administration of Lhokseumawe, Aceh, on Monday indefinitely postponed its plan to disseminate a ...
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- No more Qlue as Jakarta administration introduces BERiDE