Commentary: Nothing is enjoyable when it comes to rape
The Jakarta Post
“It must be due to what the women were wearing” or “It must be because the women seduced the men first” are two common accusations pointed at the victims of rape. As if being mentally, sexually and physically abused were not bad enough, these victims face a harsher fact: a Supreme Court justice candidate making a joke about rape.
Rape cases occur daily in Indonesia, and many have go...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Costly holiday
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back