Commentary: Nothing is enjoyable when it comes to rape
The Jakarta Post
“It must be due to what the women were wearing” or “It must be because the women seduced the men first” are two common accusations pointed at the victims of rape. As if being mentally, sexually and physically abused were not bad enough, these victims face a harsher fact: a Supreme Court justice candidate making a joke about rape.
Rape cases occur daily in Indonesia, and many have go...
- Jokowi accused of promoting secularism
- Indonesia to be world's 4th largest economy by 2045: Jokowi
- Human or not? Mysterious figure caught on camera in Aceh sparks internet frenzy
- Nokia Android phones targeted for global release
- Tech startup Koltiva expands assistance to coffee, oil palm farmers
- Ngurah Rai International Airport to halt operations for 24 hours to observe Day of Silence
- Quality of West Kalimantan airport questioned following ceiling collapse
- Ahok’s deputy promises card-based microcredit scheme for street vendors
- Legislators baffled by conflicting interests in election bill
- Non-subsidized electricity prices won’t increase