Commentary: Nothing is enjoyable when it comes to rape
The Jakarta Post
“It must be due to what the women were wearing” or “It must be because the women seduced the men first” are two common accusations pointed at the victims of rape. As if being mentally, sexually and physically abused were not bad enough, these victims face a harsher fact: a Supreme Court justice candidate making a joke about rape.
Rape cases occur daily in Indonesia, and many have go...
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Suharto's youngest son in new push to get into Indonesian politics
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- Myanmar's ethnic Rakhine seek Muslim-free 'buffer zone'