Officials fret over inflation, severe business impact of flood crisis
Hans David Tampubolon
The Jakarta Post
The flood emergency in Jakarta has severely hurt businesses and might slow the growth of the national economy, experts and officials agree.
Finance Minister Agus Martowardojo said here on Thursday that flood mitigation infrastructure needed to be built immediately in Jakarta and throughout Indonesia to avoid inflationary pressure from flood damage.
“This recent flood might boost th...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews