Officials fret over inflation, severe business impact of flood crisis
Hans David Tampubolon
The Jakarta Post
The flood emergency in Jakarta has severely hurt businesses and might slow the growth of the national economy, experts and officials agree.
Finance Minister Agus Martowardojo said here on Thursday that flood mitigation infrastructure needed to be built immediately in Jakarta and throughout Indonesia to avoid inflationary pressure from flood damage.
“This recent flood might boost th...
- EDITORIAL: Strangers of the same race
- No deal yet on Freeport’s 51% share divestment: Luhut
- Model urges Kendari mayor to apologize for defaming her
- Jember airport development kicks off
- Airport train to start operating in November
- Escaped Malaysian prisoner believed to be in home country: Bali Police
- Solo dining, karaoke strike chord among solitary Japanese consumers
- LNG import is a cheaper option: Luhut
- Indonesia projected to produce only 55,000 tons of salt this month
- Government to construct loop lines to eliminate railway crossings