SMA 82 student in ICU following fight
The Jakarta Post
A student from state senior high school SMA 82 in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, was injured in a brawl on Friday evening with students from SMA 6 in the same district, police say.
The victim, identified as Naufaldy, was attacked so severely he had to be admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Pertamina Central Hospital, located nearby.
“Naufaldy [a SMA 82 student] had a deep stab wound above his hip. His diaphragm was ripped and his ribs were wounded,” Kebayoran Baru Police detective chief Adj. Comr. Andre Librian said in a press statement released on Sunday. “The victim is being treated at the ICU at Pertamina Central Hospital but regained consciousness on Saturday.”
Police, he said, had questioned Johanes, a SMA 82 alumni, as a witness.
“The brawl was allegedly caused by a misunderstanding. We’re still investigating the motive. We cannot question the victim at the moment because he’s still being treated at the hospital,” Andre told The Jakarta Post.
The brawl took place in front of SMA 6 at 10:30 p.m. on Friday. SMA 6 students are infamous for their involvement in brawls. Their archenemies are students from SMA 70, which is located in the same block. Both the high schools are the establishment of choice for the offspring of state and city officials, as well as businesspeople and celebrities. In a previous brawl between the two schools in September last year, a SMA 6 student, identified only as AS, died en route to the nearby Muhammadiyah Hospital after being stabbed in the chest.
- Prenup rule for mixed marriages abolished
- Indonesia, Australia reaffirm commitment to security ties
- Jessica’s trial: Soccer-like atmosphere and bursts of deranged mysticism
- 'Don't talk to much', Kalla tells Ahok ahead of campaign start
- Karpowership, PAL to build power ships to light up Indonesia
- Philippine leader Duterte says God told him to stop cursing
- Political scandal darkens South Korea's growth prospects
- Indonesia’s wooing of China pays off
- Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen sets world record
- Indonesia wins third at Miss International pageant