SMA 82 student in ICU following fight
The Jakarta Post
A student from state senior high school SMA 82 in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, was injured in a brawl on Friday evening with students from SMA 6 in the same district, police say.
The victim, identified as Naufaldy, was attacked so severely he had to be admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Pertamina Central Hospital, located nearby.
“Naufaldy [a SMA 82 student] had a deep stab wound above his hip. His diaphragm was ripped and his ribs were wounded,” Kebayoran Baru Police detective chief Adj. Comr. Andre Librian said in a press statement released on Sunday. “The victim is being treated at the ICU at Pertamina Central Hospital but regained consciousness on Saturday.”
Police, he said, had questioned Johanes, a SMA 82 alumni, as a witness.
“The brawl was allegedly caused by a misunderstanding. We’re still investigating the motive. We cannot question the victim at the moment because he’s still being treated at the hospital,” Andre told The Jakarta Post.
The brawl took place in front of SMA 6 at 10:30 p.m. on Friday. SMA 6 students are infamous for their involvement in brawls. Their archenemies are students from SMA 70, which is located in the same block. Both the high schools are the establishment of choice for the offspring of state and city officials, as well as businesspeople and celebrities. In a previous brawl between the two schools in September last year, a SMA 6 student, identified only as AS, died en route to the nearby Muhammadiyah Hospital after being stabbed in the chest.
- Parties launch diversity campaign, counter anti-Ahok rally
- Ahok supporters lambasted for bringing party attributes to Car Free Day
- Setya Novanto, Surya Paloh stand up for diversity after anti-Ahok rally
- In remote Indian village, cannabis is its only livelihood
- Transjakarta summons operator for allegedly renting out buses for political gathering
- Trump's call inspires hope in Taiwan, concern in Beijing
- Ill-fated police plane carrying 13 exploded after hitting water: Witnesses
- First victim found, 12 remain missing in police plane crash
- Italians vote in referendum, Renzi vows to quit if he loses
- Jokowi feels euphoria on pitch after victory over Vietnam