Rape joke judge left out in cold
Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
In what could be seen as a triumph of the online movement against misogyny, the House of Representatives on Wednesday left out rape joke judge Muhammad Daming Sunusi from the list of eight candidates who had passed the fit and proper test for Supreme Court justice positions.
Members of the House Commission III overseeing law and human rights apparently bowed to public pressure by giving a â...
- Indonesia among the worst mercantilists?
- Agus still front runner, but Ahok's popularity increasing: Survey
- Emirsyah Satar’s case not related with corporate activities: Garuda
- Ellen DeGeneres takes home 3 People's Choice Awards
- Express Taxi appoints new management
- Simple solution for greener earth
- Global contest to design Changi Airport's Terminal 5 kicks off
- History of fires at Senen Market
- Government to continue cracking down on websites: Minister
- Researchers warn of dangers of two-finger pose in photos