RI calls for engagement of farmers on food security
The Jakarta Post
At the start of the first senior officials’ meeting of 2013 on Friday, Indonesia called on fellow members of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) to involve farmers in ensuring food security in the region.
Acknowledging the important role of farmers, particularly in emerging Asian economies, Agriculture Minister Suswono said smallholder farmers should be more engaged in the region...
- Muslims celebrate Islamic New Year to promote tolerance
- Schools facing closure after allowing students to take part in 'gladiator fight': Komnas Anak
- Auditor arrested for Harley Davidson gift
- Trump's threat akin to `sound of a dog barking': North Korea
- Indonesia’s U-16 inch closer to AFC berth after beating Thailand 1-0
- Police arrest two suspects allegedly involved in high school “gladiator” fight
- iOS 11 Control Center Wi-Fi, Bluetooth shortcuts may be security risk, say experts
- Indonesian FM Retno Marsudi receives UN Agent of Change award
- SOEs urged to accelerate development of Kuala Tanjung industrial park
- US threatens new sanction on North Korea