Council approves city budget for 2013, higher than proposed
Sita W. Dewi
The Jakarta Post
The City Council banged the gavel on Monday, approving the much-anticipated city budget for 2013 after a month’s delay. With the approval, the Jakarta administration is expected to be able to expedite its flood-mitigation work.
The council approved a 20.84 percent increase to Rp 49.97 trillion (US$5.16 billion) this year from
Rp 41.35 trillion in 2012. The approved budget is higher th...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- House lawmaker supports rupiah redenomination
- Sleman promotes batik with Sleman Creative Award 2017
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears