Council approves city budget for 2013, higher than proposed
Sita W. Dewi
The Jakarta Post
The City Council banged the gavel on Monday, approving the much-anticipated city budget for 2013 after a month’s delay. With the approval, the Jakarta administration is expected to be able to expedite its flood-mitigation work.
The council approved a 20.84 percent increase to Rp 49.97 trillion (US$5.16 billion) this year from
Rp 41.35 trillion in 2012. The approved budget is higher th...
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Gatot order on PKI film could create division: PDI-P
- New Zealand's English claims mandate to form government
- Singapore IS fighter challenges Prince Harry in video