National scene: Hartati is innocent: Lawyer
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The attorney representing business tycoon Siti Hartati Murdaya says he wants the Jakarta Corruption Court to dismiss all charges against his client in the Buol regent bribe scandal.
Speaking to reporters in Jakarta on Monday, Dodi Abdulkadir said that there was no evidence to back prosecutors’ claims that Hartati paid Rp 3 billion (US$312,000) to Buol Regent Amran Batalipu to exp...
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Saudi state carrier hit by system failure ahead of haj
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- US believes missing journalist Tice still alive after six years
- Congresswoman-elect kidnapped in Mexico: Official