National scene: Hartati is innocent: Lawyer
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The attorney representing business tycoon Siti Hartati Murdaya says he wants the Jakarta Corruption Court to dismiss all charges against his client in the Buol regent bribe scandal.
Speaking to reporters in Jakarta on Monday, Dodi Abdulkadir said that there was no evidence to back prosecutors’ claims that Hartati paid Rp 3 billion (US$312,000) to Buol Regent Amran Batalipu to exp...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday