Celebrating hip-hop in Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
Journeying: Local hip-hop artists performed and joined in a discussion last week in Jakarta. JP/Dianty WidyowatiI say hip, you say hop!” roared Saykoji, one of the country’s most prominent hip-hop artists.
The crowd cheered, most dressed in hooded sweatshirts, oversized jeans and backwards baseball caps. At a quick glance, the crowed was comprised of the hip-hop community. And that nigh...
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- For bankers transplanted by Brexit, a guide to life in Frankfurt
- Myanmar's ethnic Rakhine seek Muslim-free 'buffer zone'