Jokowi plays down presidential aspirations
Ina Parlina, Margareth S. Aritonang and Sita W. Dewi
The Jakarta Post
In the wake of corruption cases implicating several leaders from the top political parties and the absence of fresh candidates, Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s name is being bounced about by the public as an alternative candidate for next year’s presidential election.
Various media reports, and at least three polls, show that Jokowi — the Indonesian Democratic Party of Str...
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Briton arrested over alleged attempt to smuggle diazepam