Jokowi plays down presidential aspirations
Ina Parlina, Margareth S. Aritonang and Sita W. Dewi
The Jakarta Post
In the wake of corruption cases implicating several leaders from the top political parties and the absence of fresh candidates, Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s name is being bounced about by the public as an alternative candidate for next year’s presidential election.
Various media reports, and at least three polls, show that Jokowi — the Indonesian Democratic Party of Str...
- Sandiaga Uno to establish sharia tourism zone in Jakarta
- Obama, entourage arrive in Yogyakarta
- Dead woman found near elephant cage at Ragunan Zoo
- Govt should think twice about military aid for Philippines: Expert
- Myanmar journalists charged, held in jail for covering armed group
- Model Miranda Kerr turns in $8.1m in jewelry tied to Malaysia scandal
- Soekarno-Hatta expects 5m airline passengers over Idul Fitri
- Death toll in Marawi could rise 'significantly': Military
- Palace denies President and Vice President to get salary increases
- Hot air balloons cause blackout in Central Java