Jokowi plays down presidential aspirations
Ina Parlina, Margareth S. Aritonang and Sita W. Dewi
The Jakarta Post
In the wake of corruption cases implicating several leaders from the top political parties and the absence of fresh candidates, Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s name is being bounced about by the public as an alternative candidate for next year’s presidential election.
Various media reports, and at least three polls, show that Jokowi — the Indonesian Democratic Party of Str...
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout
- Caledonian Sky destroyed more than 18,000 m2 of pristine Raja Ampat reefs, survey concludes
- Bekasi to verify data on 1,700 foreign workers
- Before Parliament violence, other attacks on Britain