Weekly 5: ‘Imlek’ festivities embrace age-old traditions
The Jakarta Post
You know that Chinese New Year — or Imlek as locals call it — is right around the corner when gold and red decorations are hung up around the city. But the festivities are not only about watching barongsai (lion dances) on the street, eating the sticky rice cake kue keranjang or waiting for your turn to receive angpao (red envelopes containing money).
The festivities are a showcase of ...
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- SBY attends ceremony at State Palace
- Ten-year-old India rape victim gives birth to baby girl
- Aceh International Halal Food Festival 2017 to focus on certification
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day