High drama in the Democratic Party
M Alfan Alfian
Can Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono save the beleaguered Democratic Party? The question follows Yudhoyono’s takeover of power from embattled party chairman Anas Urbaningrum. Under the pretext of weeding out corrupt members, Yudhoyono has taken a tough measure considered undemocratic.
The move to save the Democratic Party amounts to the centralization of power in the hands of Yudhoyono, the part...
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- Caledonian Sky destroyed more than 18,000 m2 of pristine Raja Ampat reefs, survey concludes
- Bekasi to verify data on 1,700 foreign workers
- Before Parliament violence, other attacks on Britain