High drama in the Democratic Party
M Alfan Alfian
Can Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono save the beleaguered Democratic Party? The question follows Yudhoyono’s takeover of power from embattled party chairman Anas Urbaningrum. Under the pretext of weeding out corrupt members, Yudhoyono has taken a tough measure considered undemocratic.
The move to save the Democratic Party amounts to the centralization of power in the hands of Yudhoyono, the part...
- 8 Chinese New Year dishes and their meaning
- 35,000 MW program achievable by 2021: DEN
- Ahok in lead, followed by Anies, Agus after debate: Pollster
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- FPI leader calls for withdrawal of banknotes with ‘communist symbol’
- Police step up investigation into graft case involving Sylviana Murni
- Fertilizer factory worth $1.5b to be developed in Papua
- Government should punish violent groups while also preserving democracy: Expert
- Police urged to be more critical in handling public reports