High drama in the Democratic Party
M Alfan Alfian
Can Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono save the beleaguered Democratic Party? The question follows Yudhoyono’s takeover of power from embattled party chairman Anas Urbaningrum. Under the pretext of weeding out corrupt members, Yudhoyono has taken a tough measure considered undemocratic.
The move to save the Democratic Party amounts to the centralization of power in the hands of Yudhoyono, the part...
- Contract to be extended to 2041 as Freeport agrees to divest 51% shares
- Studio Ghibli goes into full production for new Hayao Miyazaki film
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Israeli firm offers 'anti-terrorism' adventure to tourists
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- Jokowi declares graft war in front House members, Setya
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- Teater Koma stages latest play ‘Warisan’ in silence