Malang: Not an unfortunate city
The town hall.If you hadn’t read of Herman Thomas Karsten before opening this paper you’re not alone. His name is seldom seen even though he supported the country’s independence and died in a Japanese prison camp.
Yet the urban planner had a major impact on more than 20 Indonesian cities, including the capital and Merdeka Square in particular. He was also largely responsible for the h...
- UPDATED: Jakarta-born Rich Chigga tells Rolling Stone why he moved to LA
- Four Indonesian destinations named best dive sites in Asia by CNN
- Election bill passed, presidential threshold intact
- Orangutan conservation: Government agencies no 'cleaning service'
- House’s Instagram tirade against KPK goes viral
- Global drug rings target Indonesia after shifting from Philippines: BNN
- Medieval Europe’s ‘divine obsession’ with Indonesian spices
- Halal certification shouldn’t burden industry: F&B producers
- Italian citizen busted for possessing 'ajapa japa' tobacco
- Hizbut Tahrir may file lawsuit against disbandment: Police