Otaru Baumkuchen: Tree cakes with a Japanese flavor
The Jakarta Post
Matcha twist.Craving a sweet treat? Try baumkuchen, a delight to pamper your taste buds.
Although having originated in Germany baumkuchen, a kind of layered cake, is currently one of the most popular pastries in Japan. It was brought to Japan in 1919.
Baumkuchen, dubbed “the king of cakes”, has unique golden lines which resemble growth rings on a crosscut tree. Its ingredients ar...
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Violent deaths overshadow Nicaragua crisis talks
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Police end probe into blasphemy allegations against Sukmawati
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Chinese restaurant goes bankrupt after all-you-can-eat promo
- Mother's coffin falls on pallbearers, kills son in South Sulawesi funeral
- Trump threatened to send 25 million Mexicans to Japan: report
- Khong Guan cookie tin family mystery gets new explanation this Idul Fitri
- Greece, Macedonia sign historic deal to end name row