Otaru Baumkuchen: Tree cakes with a Japanese flavor
The Jakarta Post
Matcha twist.Craving a sweet treat? Try baumkuchen, a delight to pamper your taste buds.
Although having originated in Germany baumkuchen, a kind of layered cake, is currently one of the most popular pastries in Japan. It was brought to Japan in 1919.
Baumkuchen, dubbed “the king of cakes”, has unique golden lines which resemble growth rings on a crosscut tree. Its ingredients ar...
- Anies wants FPI to improve its image
- Tourist boat capsizes in Thousand Islands
- Ministry to prioritize infrastructure in four sectors in 2018
- Sports ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia settle flag incident
- Delayed abortion regulation denies sexual abuse victims’ rights: Critics
- Bekasi bird shop owner suspected of avian flu infection
- BNI launches special account for disadvantaged children
- Apple under pressure to dazzle as market slows
- Korean national named suspect in fatal car crash
- Lake Toba to host Lake Toba Charm Carnival 2017