Otaru Baumkuchen: Tree cakes with a Japanese flavor
The Jakarta Post
Matcha twist.Craving a sweet treat? Try baumkuchen, a delight to pamper your taste buds.
Although having originated in Germany baumkuchen, a kind of layered cake, is currently one of the most popular pastries in Japan. It was brought to Japan in 1919.
Baumkuchen, dubbed “the king of cakes”, has unique golden lines which resemble growth rings on a crosscut tree. Its ingredients ar...
- Freeport seeks settlement
- Religious expert says Ahok's remarks blasphemous
- Hijab: A personal choice
- Jokowi criticizes Trade Ministry for lack of innovation
- NU cleric blames Ahok for unnecessary polemic by quoting Quran
- Indonesia’s GDP to reach $9.1 trillion by 2045: Jokowi
- Indonesia focuses on internal reform to enhance investment climate
- Business permits no longer need renewing as of today
- Preserving heritage with locals
- Malaysian detained for immigration violation