Police defend use of tear gas at chaotic book launch
The Jakarta Post
Police have claimed the firing of tear gas during a book launch by reggae musician Ras Muhamad at the Tee Box Cafe in South Jakarta on Sunday evening was justified.
“The cafe management requested police to help disperse the crowd as the venue was so overcrowded they could not handle the situation,” Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Rikwanto told reporters on Monday, dismissing allegati...
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Lee Min-ho wins top award for boosting Korea’s brand
- Jokowi warns investment board to keep rivalry mindset, speed
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Organizer says it has secured 11 major sponsorships for Asian Games