Police defend use of tear gas at chaotic book launch
The Jakarta Post
Police have claimed the firing of tear gas during a book launch by reggae musician Ras Muhamad at the Tee Box Cafe in South Jakarta on Sunday evening was justified.
“The cafe management requested police to help disperse the crowd as the venue was so overcrowded they could not handle the situation,” Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Rikwanto told reporters on Monday, dismissing allegati...
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls
- Xi gets 100% of votes for new term as key ally named VP