Comments: Iran confiscates Buddha statues from shops
The Jakarta Post
Feb. 17, Online/AP
Buddha statues have joined Barbie dolls and characters from The Simpsons TV show as banned items in the conservative Muslim nation.
The Iranian authorities are confiscating Buddha statues from shops in the capital, Tehran, to stop the promotion of Buddhism in the country, according to a report on Sunday in the independent Arman daily.
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- Obama’s visit to boost Indonesia’s tourism
- Bumi Resources finally obtains effective statement to restructure debt
- Police to question media mogul Hary Tanoe as suspect in alleged threat against prosecutor
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash