Comments: Iran confiscates Buddha statues from shops
The Jakarta Post
Feb. 17, Online/AP
Buddha statues have joined Barbie dolls and characters from The Simpsons TV show as banned items in the conservative Muslim nation.
The Iranian authorities are confiscating Buddha statues from shops in the capital, Tehran, to stop the promotion of Buddhism in the country, according to a report on Sunday in the independent Arman daily.
- Police fire tear gas at Bekasi church protestors
- Ahok's wife joins Twilite Orchestra practice session, plays cello
- Alleged terrorists wanted to make Halmahera new Poso: Police
- IN MEMORIAM: Legendary journalist Ahmad Taufik dies at 51
- Indonesia stops meat imports from Brazil
- Melinda Gates praises Indonesia’s e-money aid programs
- Ahok to ensure adequate health services for Jakartans
- Indonesia to build maritime, fisheries center in Nunukan: Minister
- Police fire tear gas on Muslims protesting church in Bekasi
- Jokowi to inaugurate center of Islam of the Archipelago