Comments: Iran confiscates Buddha statues from shops
The Jakarta Post
Feb. 17, Online/AP
Buddha statues have joined Barbie dolls and characters from The Simpsons TV show as banned items in the conservative Muslim nation.
The Iranian authorities are confiscating Buddha statues from shops in the capital, Tehran, to stop the promotion of Buddhism in the country, according to a report on Sunday in the independent Arman daily.
- EDITORIAL: Strangers of the same race
- No deal yet on Freeport’s 51% share divestment: Luhut
- Model urges Kendari mayor to apologize for defaming her
- Escaped Malaysian prisoner believed to be in home country: Bali Police
- Airport train to start operating in November
- Court orders First Travel to repay customers
- Indonesia projected to produce only 55,000 tons of salt this month
- LNG import is a cheaper option: Luhut
- Jember airport development kicks off
- Government to construct loop lines to eliminate railway crossings