Comments: Iran confiscates Buddha statues from shops
The Jakarta Post
Feb. 17, Online/AP
Buddha statues have joined Barbie dolls and characters from The Simpsons TV show as banned items in the conservative Muslim nation.
The Iranian authorities are confiscating Buddha statues from shops in the capital, Tehran, to stop the promotion of Buddhism in the country, according to a report on Sunday in the independent Arman daily.
- Police refute FPI’s accusation of unfair handling of Bandung clash
- Jl. Fatmawati to be closed for 6 months
- Harvard's digital photography course now available for free
- Anti-Ahok sentiment helps ex-president's son take the lead: Survey
- Prosecutors to present more remarks by Ahok
- FPI threatens to report Megawati to police for blasphemy
- Vision, mission ‘less important’ for Jakarta voters: Study
- Ahok’s lawyers refuse to continue hearing due to unscheduled witnesses
- Jakarta Police to question FPI leader for ‘spreading hatred’
- Pertamina allocates US$54 billion to strengthen upstream industry