Greater Jakarta: Jakarta to join global Earth Hour
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Jakarta, along with at least 7,000 cities from 153 countries, will join the World Wildlife Fund’s (WWF) global Earth Hour program on March 23 from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
CEO and co-founder of the program Andy Ridley said in a press release made available to The Jakarta Post on Wednesday that Earth Hour was the program that encouraged individuals to turn off their electricity for ...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga