Daud Badu: A savior of maleo birds
Syamsul Huda M.Suhari
The Jakarta Post
JP/Syamsul Huda M.SuhariHe was moving agilely through coastal shrubberies on a cloudy hot day. After a while, he halted and promptly scooped out a heap of sand with his bare hands. From a depth of 40 centimeters, he took out two eggs slightly bigger than chicken eggs.
“The eggs belong to gosong birds [Megapodiidae]. I’ve just hatched them,” said Daud Badu, 53. The lean and dark-skinne...
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?