Daud Badu: A savior of maleo birds
Syamsul Huda M.Suhari
The Jakarta Post
JP/Syamsul Huda M.SuhariHe was moving agilely through coastal shrubberies on a cloudy hot day. After a while, he halted and promptly scooped out a heap of sand with his bare hands. From a depth of 40 centimeters, he took out two eggs slightly bigger than chicken eggs.
“The eggs belong to gosong birds [Megapodiidae]. I’ve just hatched them,” said Daud Badu, 53. The lean and dark-skinne...
- Hawaii shark bite victim previously attacked by bear, snake
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting
- Lafleur '82 magnums fetch more than $12,000 each at Sotheby's
- EDITORIAL: Bending the car culture
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Tiket.com eyes 250 percent growth in ticket, tour package sales
- Toddler breaks leg in escalator accident in Bengkulu