Jokowi, the forthcoming president?
The name of Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has skyrocketed in the discourse of Indonesia’s presidential hopefuls. Even though his tenure as Jakarta governor is far from finished, some people have expressed their hope that the former Surakarta mayor will run in the forthcoming 2014 election.
The latest two opinion surveys reveal this phenomena. The first one was conducted by Pusat Data Bersatu (...
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- No more Qlue as Jakarta administration introduces BERiDE