Jokowi, the forthcoming president?
The name of Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has skyrocketed in the discourse of Indonesia’s presidential hopefuls. Even though his tenure as Jakarta governor is far from finished, some people have expressed their hope that the former Surakarta mayor will run in the forthcoming 2014 election.
The latest two opinion surveys reveal this phenomena. The first one was conducted by Pusat Data Bersatu (...
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout
- Caledonian Sky destroyed more than 18,000 m2 of pristine Raja Ampat reefs, survey concludes
- JKT48 manager found dead hanging in bathroom
- Bekasi to verify data on 1,700 foreign workers