National Police launch probe of C. Sulawesi torture claim
The Jakarta Post
The National Police are examining the allegation that some of their members have been involved in human rights abuses when handling suspected terrorists in Central Sulawesi.
National Police chief Gen. Timur Pradopo said the Internal Affairs Division has questioned members of the police’s elite Mobile Brigade (Brimob) stationed in Central Sulawesi.
“We have questioned Brimob [per...
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- The trouble with pedophiles in Indonesia
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- Indonesia's Daud Yordan beats Thai boxer in 2nd round of non-title bout
- Indonesia ranks 7th in travel freedom among Southeast Asian countries
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death