The world map through post-colonial eyes: Indonesia (Part 1 of 2)
Nikolaos van Dam
When, in 2005, I received the exciting news about my transfer from Berlin as Dutch ambassador to Jakarta, the first thing I did was to go to the well-known Berlin bookshop of Dussmann in the Friedrichstrasse to look for travel guides about Indonesia.
Contrary to what I had expected, I could not find any book on Indonesia in the section dealing with Asia and Southeast Asia. I kept searching...
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Disney develops room that can charge devices
- Jokowi warns investment board to keep rivalry mindset, speed
- Wanted ex-legislator in Depok arrested for drug possession
- Organizer says it has secured 11 major sponsorships for Asian Games
- People with disabilities want quota of legislative candidates
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- 1,111 elderly people live in Jakarta social services nursing homes