The world map through post-colonial eyes: Indonesia (Part 1 of 2)
Nikolaos van Dam
When, in 2005, I received the exciting news about my transfer from Berlin as Dutch ambassador to Jakarta, the first thing I did was to go to the well-known Berlin bookshop of Dussmann in the Friedrichstrasse to look for travel guides about Indonesia.
Contrary to what I had expected, I could not find any book on Indonesia in the section dealing with Asia and Southeast Asia. I kept searching...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- Paris clashes over police killing of Chinese man injured three
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- House to hold confirmation hearings for new KPU, Bawaslu commissioners
- Gorontalo orphanage molestation suspect previously convicted of same crime