RI makes progress in HDI, but still below regional average
Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia boasted a higher life expectancy and higher income last year and climbed to a higher position — although only slightly — on the human development index (HDI) issued by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP).
According to the UNDP’s 2013 Human Development Report, Indonesia’s Human Development Index (HDI) has slightly improved to 0.629 in 2012 from 0.617 in 2011, acc...
- Mount Agung activity on the rise: Agency
- Soekarno–Hatta International Airport Skytrain is officially launched
- Government prepares Rp 94.53t in energy subsidies for next year
- 19 Jambi pilgrims die of 'natural causes' during haj
- Regtech, legal tech firms join forces in IRLA
- EDITORIAL: Death of free speech
- Fishermen, including from Indonesia, 'kept like slaves' in Taiwan
- Parent sends open letter to Jokowi, seeking justice for son’s death
- Slum dwellers’ homes in Surakarta to be upgraded
- Garuda delays plan to purchase planes