Your letters: Traffic mess
The Jakarta Post
The areas of Sunter, Artha Gading and Cempaka Putih are experiencing severe traffic jams due to too many heavy vehicles on the roads.
Adopting a simple plan of not allowing trucks on the roads during mornings and evenings would be a great help to others.
Also car-transportation lorries parked along roadsides cause major congestion.
Who will enforce rules in these areas? I hope The Jakarta Post’s reporters will go there to observe the situation.
After the ITC Cempaka Putih, opposite the Astra building, the road and bridge over the water canal are narrow.
Every part of the city is bottlenecked. The city administration needs to study this and remove street vendors.
Rather than implementing the expensive odd-even registration plate scheme, they should do something to ease the bottlenecks.
- Catholic university refuses to remove billboards with hijab-clad student
- Study finds majority of people condemning Ahok's ‘blasphemy’ not well informed
- Rachmawati says meetings, cash transfer not evidence of treason
- N.Sumatra dispatches assistance for Aceh earthquake victims
- Charging-device producer Anker aims to tap Indonesian market
- Muslims lambast Christmas service raid in Bandung
- Indonesia over the moon after $9.4 million win against Churchill
- Public faith in Jokowi remains high despite anti-Ahok movement
- Jokowi meets Kofi Annan to discuss Myanmar
- FUI forces Christian university to drop billboard with hijab-clad student