Your letters: Traffic mess
The Jakarta Post
The areas of Sunter, Artha Gading and Cempaka Putih are experiencing severe traffic jams due to too many heavy vehicles on the roads.
Adopting a simple plan of not allowing trucks on the roads during mornings and evenings would be a great help to others.
Also car-transportation lorries parked along roadsides cause major congestion.
Who will enforce rules in these areas? I hope The Jakarta Post’s reporters will go there to observe the situation.
After the ITC Cempaka Putih, opposite the Astra building, the road and bridge over the water canal are narrow.
Every part of the city is bottlenecked. The city administration needs to study this and remove street vendors.
Rather than implementing the expensive odd-even registration plate scheme, they should do something to ease the bottlenecks.
- Two foreign tourists die in motorcycle accident in Bali
- LPG explosion in Pizza Hut outlet destroys four buildings
- Govt urged to pay more attention to farmers' welfare
- EU supports development of Lake Toba tourism
- 1 dead after 2 explosions hit Japanese city; cause unclear
- Jokowi's achievements need closer scrutiny: Indef
- Victory in sight, Clinton still grapples with negative views
- Hong Kong to lure tourists with food festival
- Man accused of charging illegal fees to former East Timor residents
- Junko Tabei, 1st woman to climb Everest, dies at 77