700 evacuated as strong winds thrash Gorontalo
Syamsul Huda M. Suhari
The Jakarta Post
Around 244 houses in five villages in Tolangohula district, Gorontalo regency, were damaged when strong winds and torrential rains hit the regency on Thursday at around 3 p.m. local time, forcing 717 residents to evacuate.
The five villages were Margo Mulyo, Bandasari, Makmur Abadi, Suka Makmur and Molohu.
“As many as 25 of the homes collapsed or were severely damaged, 67 others s...
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Mitsubishi, Honda introduce special edition cars at IIMS
- Government issues revised regulation on tax holidays
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta
- Qantas, Jetstar to move to Soekarno-Hatta's Terminal 3