700 evacuated as strong winds thrash Gorontalo
Syamsul Huda M. Suhari
The Jakarta Post
Around 244 houses in five villages in Tolangohula district, Gorontalo regency, were damaged when strong winds and torrential rains hit the regency on Thursday at around 3 p.m. local time, forcing 717 residents to evacuate.
The five villages were Margo Mulyo, Bandasari, Makmur Abadi, Suka Makmur and Molohu.
“As many as 25 of the homes collapsed or were severely damaged, 67 others s...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- House lawmaker supports rupiah redenomination
- Sleman promotes batik with Sleman Creative Award 2017
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears