700 evacuated as strong winds thrash Gorontalo
Syamsul Huda M. Suhari
The Jakarta Post
Around 244 houses in five villages in Tolangohula district, Gorontalo regency, were damaged when strong winds and torrential rains hit the regency on Thursday at around 3 p.m. local time, forcing 717 residents to evacuate.
The five villages were Margo Mulyo, Bandasari, Makmur Abadi, Suka Makmur and Molohu.
“As many as 25 of the homes collapsed or were severely damaged, 67 others s...
- The life lessons of ‘Goblin'
- Mother of deceased UII student files police report over alleged bullying
- PLN gives Pertamina more time in Java 1 project
- Domestic finance won't cost the Earth
- Mercedes-Benz begins local assembly of CKD E-Class
- Theater show about Maluku's Run Island to be performed in New York
- Indonesia issues human rights decree for fisheries
- Ahok reports FPI leaders to police for perjury
- Newly-wedded Korean idols Rain, Kim Tae Hee arrive in Bali for honeymoon
- Eyewitness refuses to conclude Ahok committed blasphemy