Govt says ‘ormas’ bill to be passed next week
The Jakarta Post
Home Affairs Ministry Gamawan Fauzi said on Friday that the controversial Mass Organizations Bill should be passed into law next week. “It is likely that the bill will be brought to plenary on March 26,” the minister said at his office.
The bill will regulate thousands of organizations, including foreign NGOs. “There will be both internal and external supervision by the public and th...
- EDITORIAL: Strangers of the same race
- No deal yet on Freeport’s 51% share divestment: Luhut
- Model urges Kendari mayor to apologize for defaming her
- Jember airport development kicks off
- Airport train to start operating in November
- Escaped Malaysian prisoner believed to be in home country: Bali Police
- Solo dining, karaoke strike chord among solitary Japanese consumers
- LNG import is a cheaper option: Luhut
- Indonesia projected to produce only 55,000 tons of salt this month
- Government to construct loop lines to eliminate railway crossings