Govt says ‘ormas’ bill to be passed next week
The Jakarta Post
Home Affairs Ministry Gamawan Fauzi said on Friday that the controversial Mass Organizations Bill should be passed into law next week. “It is likely that the bill will be brought to plenary on March 26,” the minister said at his office.
The bill will regulate thousands of organizations, including foreign NGOs. “There will be both internal and external supervision by the public and th...
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Muslim group promises no violence at anti-Ahok rally
- Freeport gives government four months to negotiate new settlement
- Police to investigate North Korean restaurant on spy activity
- Police terminate investigation into UI lecturer’s alleged blasphemy
- Jakarta Police to deploy 10,000 personnel to anti-Ahok rally
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Government may need to borrow for certain spending: Sri Mulyani
- Ahok credits Ciliwung River normalization project for reducing floods across Jakarta