Banks warned of liquidity mismatch in housing loans
The Jakarta Post
Bank Indonesia (BI) has urged local lenders to develop their mortgage-based financial instruments as ways to boost their housing loans, an untapped banking segment that the central bank argues provides lucrative business opportunities.
At the moment, many Indonesian banks remain heavily dependent on third-party funds such as time deposits and savings to finance housing loans, without reali...
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- No more Qlue as Jakarta administration introduces BERiDE