Banks warned of liquidity mismatch in housing loans
The Jakarta Post
Bank Indonesia (BI) has urged local lenders to develop their mortgage-based financial instruments as ways to boost their housing loans, an untapped banking segment that the central bank argues provides lucrative business opportunities.
At the moment, many Indonesian banks remain heavily dependent on third-party funds such as time deposits and savings to finance housing loans, without reali...
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout
- Caledonian Sky destroyed more than 18,000 m2 of pristine Raja Ampat reefs, survey concludes
- JKT48 manager found dead hanging in bathroom
- Bekasi to verify data on 1,700 foreign workers