Banks warned of liquidity mismatch in housing loans
The Jakarta Post
Bank Indonesia (BI) has urged local lenders to develop their mortgage-based financial instruments as ways to boost their housing loans, an untapped banking segment that the central bank argues provides lucrative business opportunities.
At the moment, many Indonesian banks remain heavily dependent on third-party funds such as time deposits and savings to finance housing loans, without reali...
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- Jakarta Police suspend detention of treason suspect Firza Husein
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya
- FPI leader to testify against Ahok next week
- Grand launch of Kertajati Airport set for mid next year
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- Banten administration questions slow progress of Serang-Panimbang toll road
- More than 50 companies express interest in Bontang oil refinery construction