Media ‘sensationalizing’ mutilation cases
The Jakarta Post
Although the number of mutilation cases in Jakarta is small compared to other crimes, cases repeatedly occur in the city and each time grab people’s attention, partly due to the incessant media reports.
A criminologist at the University of Indonesia, Josias Simon, said that the main factor behind mutilated victims was a broken interpersonal relationship that triggered jealousy and anger....
- Police fire tear gas at Bekasi church protestors
- Ahok's wife joins Twilite Orchestra practice session, plays cello
- Alleged terrorists wanted to make Halmahera new Poso: Police
- IN MEMORIAM: Legendary journalist Ahmad Taufik dies at 51
- Indonesia stops meat imports from Brazil
- Melinda Gates praises Indonesia’s e-money aid programs
- Ahok to ensure adequate health services for Jakartans
- Indonesia to build maritime, fisheries center in Nunukan: Minister
- Police fire tear gas on Muslims protesting church in Bekasi
- Jokowi to inaugurate center of Islam of the Archipelago