Media ‘sensationalizing’ mutilation cases
The Jakarta Post
Although the number of mutilation cases in Jakarta is small compared to other crimes, cases repeatedly occur in the city and each time grab people’s attention, partly due to the incessant media reports.
A criminologist at the University of Indonesia, Josias Simon, said that the main factor behind mutilated victims was a broken interpersonal relationship that triggered jealousy and anger....
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- SBY attends ceremony at State Palace
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- Ten-year-old India rape victim gives birth to baby girl
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day