Media ‘sensationalizing’ mutilation cases
The Jakarta Post
Although the number of mutilation cases in Jakarta is small compared to other crimes, cases repeatedly occur in the city and each time grab people’s attention, partly due to the incessant media reports.
A criminologist at the University of Indonesia, Josias Simon, said that the main factor behind mutilated victims was a broken interpersonal relationship that triggered jealousy and anger....
- House asked to open up closed-door discussion on terrorism bill
- AGO probes alleged corruption implicating Pertamina Patra Niaga, Ratu Energy Indonesia
- PlayStation VR owners can now watch 360-degree YouTube videos
- Local startup caters to pet-related needs
- Terror convicts may still be radical despite renouncing terrorism
- Ad hoc team begins studying Patimban project
- Theater show about Maluku's Run Island to be performed in New York
- Indonesia probes police unit held in Sudan
- Jokowi calls for cuts to gas prices
- Ahok reports FPI leaders to police for perjury