‘Madre’: What comes around a slice of bread
The Jakarta Post
Vino G. Bastian (left) and Dedi Petet in Madre. (Courtesy of Mizan Production)A jar of bread dough changes the life of a laid-back surfer.
Madre, a movie adapted from a short story by Dewi Lestari, opens with full-time surfer and semi-employed Tansen (Vino G. Bastian) stood looking confused in front of the tomb of an old man called Tan Sie Gie.
Minutes later we learn that Tansen has ...
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Commentary: Stop making jokes about Setya. It's not funny anymore.
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- Germany in political crisis as coalition talks collapse
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021