‘Madre’: What comes around a slice of bread
The Jakarta Post
Vino G. Bastian (left) and Dedi Petet in Madre. (Courtesy of Mizan Production)A jar of bread dough changes the life of a laid-back surfer.
Madre, a movie adapted from a short story by Dewi Lestari, opens with full-time surfer and semi-employed Tansen (Vino G. Bastian) stood looking confused in front of the tomb of an old man called Tan Sie Gie.
Minutes later we learn that Tansen has ...
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- No more Qlue as Jakarta administration introduces BERiDE
- Another phreatic eruption reported at Mt. Merapi