‘Madre’: What comes around a slice of bread
The Jakarta Post
Vino G. Bastian (left) and Dedi Petet in Madre. (Courtesy of Mizan Production)A jar of bread dough changes the life of a laid-back surfer.
Madre, a movie adapted from a short story by Dewi Lestari, opens with full-time surfer and semi-employed Tansen (Vino G. Bastian) stood looking confused in front of the tomb of an old man called Tan Sie Gie.
Minutes later we learn that Tansen has ...
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Mamma Mia! British star Colin Firth is now Italian
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Violence cases against women, children in Jambi increased: Official
- KPK arrests 10 in Banten bribery case
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map