‘Madre’: What comes around a slice of bread
The Jakarta Post
Vino G. Bastian (left) and Dedi Petet in Madre. (Courtesy of Mizan Production)A jar of bread dough changes the life of a laid-back surfer.
Madre, a movie adapted from a short story by Dewi Lestari, opens with full-time surfer and semi-employed Tansen (Vino G. Bastian) stood looking confused in front of the tomb of an old man called Tan Sie Gie.
Minutes later we learn that Tansen has ...
- EDITORIAL: Right to passports
- Indonesia set to operate 13 railway projects this year
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- Facebook says social media not always healthy for democracy
- Cosby performs for first time since assault charge
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- EDITORIAL: Threat to Indonesian press
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf