‘Premanisme’, a root cause for violence in Yogyakarta
The Jakarta Post
As Yogyakarta develops and becomes Indonesia’s second most-popular tourist destination after Bali, the city that is dubbed the heart of Javanese culture is also witnessing its service sector growing, as can be seen in the emergence of numerous nightspots.
Such nightspots have led to the birth of private security services, referred to as preman (thugs) or premanisme (thuggery).
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Saung Angklung Udjo holds seventh Angklung Pride in Bandung
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival