Semen Indonesia opens management institute
The Jakarta Post
State-owned cement producer PT Semen Indonesia Tbk via the Semen Gresik Foundation has opened cement management institute Sekolah Tinggi Manajemen Semen Indonesia (STiMSI) in Gresik regency, East Java, as part of its commitment to improve human resources through education.
Semen Indonesia president director Dwi Soetjipto, who is also the STiMSI head, said the institute would hopefully produce capable graduates who were able to help tap into its wealth of natural resources for the development of an environmentally friendly cement industry that could contribute to the Gresik economy and the country's people in general.
'To ensure quality education, we have cooperated with two leading higher education institutions ' the November 10 Institute of Technology (ITS) in Surabaya, East Java, and the Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB) in Bandung, West Java ' in establishing the STiMSI,' Dwi told The Jakarta Post.
Education and Culture Minister Muhammad Nuh inaugurated the institute that opened on Saturday.
Dwi said the institute would be supported by quality lecturers from ITB and ITS and would be well-equipped with facilities to support learning activities.
In its first year of operations, the STiMSI is targeting to enroll 120 students in its two programs: business management and engineering management.
Dwi said he was optimistic that the institute would become one of best management schools in Southeast Asia by 2025. (asw/ebf)
You might also like :
- Contract to be extended to 2041 as Freeport agrees to divest 51% shares
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- Jokowi declares graft war in front House members, Setya
- Studio Ghibli goes into full production for new Hayao Miyazaki film
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- Jokowi maintains merciless stance on drug dealers
- Odd-even traffic policy at Cikampek toll road to be implemented in morning