Garuda: First Boeing 777-300ER planned for Jakarta-Jeddah route
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
National flag carrier Garuda Indonesia said that it would use its first Boeing 777-300ER aircraft, which also provides 'First Class' service, to serve the Jakarta-Jeddah route.
'Garuda welcomes the new member of its fleet, the state-of-the-art Boeing 777-300ER, while immediately launching our 'First Class' service ,' said Garuda Indonesia president director, Emirsyah Satar, when welcoming the Boeing 777-300ER aircraft at Hangar GMF in Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, in Jakarta on Tuesday evening, as quoted by Antara news agency.
Garuda Indonesia's first Boeing 777-300ER will operate on July 9, serving the Jakarta-Jeddah route.
In 2013, Garuda is scheduled to receive four out of the ten Boeing 777-300ER aircraft it has ordered. The second aircraft will also arrive in July and will be prepared to serve the Jakarta-Jeddah route in August.
Two more Boeing 777-300ER will be brought in to start serving the new Sydney-Jakarta-London route in November. Three aircrafts are scheduled to arrive in 2014 while the remaining three will come in 2015.
'The Boeing 777-300ER will produce a new standard of quality of flight services, particularly for direct flights on long-distance routes,' said Emirsyah.
The airline president director added that the First Class service it offered would give an added value on the flight experiences of the customers.
Emirsyah said operating the Boeing 777-300ER was also part of the airline's great expansion and transformation, 'Quantum Leap 2011-2015'. (ebf)
You might also like :
- Anies wants FPI to improve its image
- Delayed abortion regulation denies sexual abuse victims’ rights: Critics
- Tourist boat capsizes in Thousand Islands
- Ministry to prioritize infrastructure in four sectors in 2018
- Sports ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia settle flag incident
- Bekasi bird shop owner suspected of avian flu infection
- Korean national named suspect in fatal car crash
- Apple under pressure to dazzle as market slows
- Lake Toba to host Lake Toba Charm Carnival 2017
- BNI launches special account for disadvantaged children