SBY gets all loved up on Facebook
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono's (SBY) Facebook fan page has gained more than 206,000 likes, as of Sunday evening, since its official launch a day before.
On late Saturday, Yudhoyono updated his status to say happy birthday to First Lady Ani, who turned 61 on July 6. Yudhoyono posted a poem that he penned for his wife called Bunga Teratai (Lily) and a photo showing he and Ani preparing rujak (Javanese fruit salad) together.
Yudhoyono's social media team launched his fan page on Friday, which was soon verified by the social media giant with the signature blue check.
Yudhoyono's first Facebook status update read, "Today I joined Facebook, YouTube and Google Hangout. I want to be able to communicate more with my fellow Indonesians."
He also thanked all his followers who always provided him with input and criticism but added, "Although sometimes I am being bullied."
- Parties launch diversity campaign, counter anti-Ahok rally
- Ahok supporters lambasted for bringing party attributes to Car Free Day
- Setya Novanto, Surya Paloh stand up for diversity after anti-Ahok rally
- Trump's call inspires hope in Taiwan, concern in Beijing
- Transjakarta summons operator for allegedly renting out buses for political gathering
- In remote Indian village, cannabis is its only livelihood
- Italians vote in referendum, Renzi vows to quit if he loses
- Jokowi feels euphoria on pitch after victory over Vietnam
- Ill-fated police plane carrying 13 exploded after hitting water: Witnesses
- First victim found, 12 remain missing in police plane crash