Obama, Putin to attend APEC summit in Bali
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
US President Barrack Obama and Russian Premier Vladimir Putin have confirmed their attendances at the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit in Bali this October.
'In addition, other presidents, including China President Xi Jinping, have confirmed,' said 2013 APEC national committee member Ahmed Kurnia at a press conference in Nusa Dua on Saturday, as quoted by kompas.com.
Of the 21 heads of states 14 have confirmed they will attend join the APEC Summit. Seven others have not yet replied to the invitation.
APEC, established in 1989, is an economic cooperation forum in Asia-Pacific with 21 country members.
Its members are Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Chile, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Peru, the Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Chinese Taipei, Thailand, the US and Vietnam.(apt/dic)
You might also like :
- Setya sends letter to House, asks not to remove him as speaker
- Shoppers go on buying binge at Matahari store in West Jakarta
- Several villages hit by volcanic ash after Mt. Agung erupts in Bali
- Jakarta to give Rp 1.6 trillion to mass organizations, religious institutions
- First exhibition for Indonesian comics history held in Brussels
- Singapore's Mt. Agung travel advisory `excessive': BNPB
- Court finds Czech 'femme fatale' guilty in spy scandal
- Bandung man arrested for insulting Jokowi, Iriana on Facebook
- Government should turn attention to human resources development
- ‘Rurouni Kenshin’ creator arrested for possession of child pornography